Banaban Voice

News and information service for Banaban Network Worldwide!

As being observed and noticed that some written vernacular on the banaban Voice are not gramatically right:It takes a inner passion and interest to learn and write the correct vernacular so to really prove that we are the trully BANABANS.
For instances,ngai-gai
Uara-wara
Na bon-nabon
And many more.................how can we improve this?
Any ideas!

Views: 504

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello,

I suggest we should read more from the I-Kiribati bible, it will not only prove our vernacular but also helps us grow spiritually with wisdom and knowledge.

Byee.
With reference to Iyston,

Indeed you are true! Reading out of the I-kiribati Bible may help improve it but to be totally honest - I for one find difficulty in understanding the "BIG WORDS" used in it as we the younger generation do not use them often. I find it more handy to carry an English Bible to translate what i just read in the I-kiribati Bible because reading directly from the I-kiribati bible confuses me.

This coming from a suva-bred Banaban kido!!!!!!! :)

I say we keep our "UNIQUE" language..... makes us unique don't you think?

Iyston said:
Hello,

I suggest we should read more from the I-Kiribati bible, it will not only prove our vernacular but also helps us grow spiritually with wisdom and knowledge.

Byee.
hello sis,

Reading the bible is not about the "BIG WORDS" it's about understanding the verse, the message and believe me it will make us understand spiritually and improve us with our vernacular.

Asinta Touakin said:
With reference to Iyston,

Indeed you are true! Reading out of the I-kiribati Bible may help improve it but to be totally honest - I for one find difficulty in understanding the "BIG WORDS" used in it as we the younger generation do not use them often. I find it more handy to carry an English Bible to translate what i just read in the I-kiribati Bible because reading directly from the I-kiribati bible confuses me.

This coming from a suva-bred Banaban kido!!!!!!! :)

I say we keep our "UNIQUE" language..... makes us unique don't you think?

Iyston said:
Hello,

I suggest we should read more from the I-Kiribati bible, it will not only prove our vernacular but also helps us grow spiritually with wisdom and knowledge.

Byee.
If we want to improve our vernacular, we have to refer to Gods word written in the bible (mother tongue)
as we know that our own vernacular is lost, and we are using the Gilbertese language, so the only alternative is
to learn from the Kiribati Bible, and we can know what word to be separated, and words joined, and also the
correct spelling.
plis we dont need neither the I kiribac Bible nor any other source to improve our kiribati language.....what actually is the use of it all when nowadays the dominating language is English...even the kiribations themselves a conversing in english and neglecting their own language. so why should us the Banabans try n revive their language when it is not our language anyway?
i say its better we stick to our own simple language and dont bother about the language introduced to our forefathers.

Iyston said:
hello sis,

Reading the bible is not about the "BIG WORDS" it's about understanding the verse, the message and believe me it will make us understand spiritually and improve us with our vernacular.

Asinta Touakin said:
With reference to Iyston,

Indeed you are true! Reading out of the I-kiribati Bible may help improve it but to be totally honest - I for one find difficulty in understanding the "BIG WORDS" used in it as we the younger generation do not use them often. I find it more handy to carry an English Bible to translate what i just read in the I-kiribati Bible because reading directly from the I-kiribati bible confuses me.

This coming from a suva-bred Banaban kido!!!!!!! :)

I say we keep our "UNIQUE" language..... makes us unique don't you think?

Iyston said:
Hello,

I suggest we should read more from the I-Kiribati bible, it will not only prove our vernacular but also helps us grow spiritually with wisdom and knowledge.

Byee.

I wonna be the Vernacular teacher soon for our people, and the most is concreting our Banaban Language.

God Bless our Nation-BANABA.

Mauri,

ngai is correct - gai is incorrect
Uara is correct- wara is incorrect
na bon is correct- nabon is incorrect

I'm also agreed to Molly's comments because i experienced the same problem as Emiou faced right now when schooling at the Rabi High School in the 1990's. We were lucky that time because Master Teriota was a vernacular teacher, he spent most of his time teaching us how to write in Kiribati, instead of teaching us musics. During those periods one of my classmate- Sakiusa a pure Fijian boy always came first in a vernacular test. This surprises Master Teriota thus challenging us to do better than a non-Kiri boy.Ao ti na riai ni karabwa Master Teriota n ana botumwaaka ni karaoa tabena ibukiia te roro are n ara tai bwa tia rabakau ni koroboki ni VERNACULAR(Kiribati).
I suggest that the VERNACULAR lessons MUST be continued.
Ko Rabwa

May be, but remember we are arguing on the Kiribati point of language.

RSS

Events

HELP RABI WOMEN IN FIJI

Help Rabi Women's Organisation in Fiji by purchasing RABI HANDMADE VIRGIN COCONUT OIL locally in Suva, Fiji

Contact

Terikano

for more details

Badge

Loading…

Radio Links

Bwanan Rabi Radio

(10pm Fiji Time 1&2nd Monday each month)

Live Broadcast

© 2017   Created by Stacey King.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service