Banaban Voice

News and information service for Banaban Network Worldwide!

I'm interested as well as saddened by the rumors going around in regards to the truth behind allegations against the RCL & BTFB.
Would love to hear what others have to say in view of this allegations if they were true and what needs to be done to stop this outrage greed.
As for myself, I'f allegations were true,my anger is towards the ones guilty,justice needs to prevail and those guilty should be dealt with accordingly.."..Ideas from the forum in relation to such issue is comforting at times, ....interested to hear what others have to say....

Views: 772

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

allegations can have different motives.. can be for or against.. probably out of jealousy, or for a seat in the next counse================================l... but if they are true that would it would be devasting

I would like to have keep open mind as i do not know all facts, the want to know would drive to find out the truth, not jus believing wateva comes out others mouth...as we all know how with all due respect to the people how our reliable gossips can be of the people..

Thanks Tasi for your concern about your home and your families. While we are away from home and our families we always think of them. Anyway there have been allegations about the mismanagement of our RCL and BTF therefore a maungatabu was demanded. During the maungatabu in the four villages on Rabi RCL Chairman was away in Tarawa and that concerned most Banabans on Rabi since he has to answer all allegations. However, the most important questions were about money and Banaba. answers to money were not verified and left people with doubts and great concern about their BTF and RCL management.

During the maungatabu in Uma BTF Chairman admitted releasing AUS$500,000.00 to RCL upon request for re-investment purpose. Unfortunately the funds were used somewhere else.

During the maungatabu in Suva RCL Chairman admitted receipting AUS$1.8m (FJ$3.3m) from Perpetual Trust Australia for BPC Employees compensation. He said that the Trust Deed mandated him to use use all the funds for RCL. While he admitted that the FJ$3.3m has finished the Banabans in Suva required an audit report on how the funds has been used.

RCL also revealed their plans during the maungatabu in Suva about rehabilitation on our homeland Banaba, the establishment of the BGL and the benefits from rehabilitation. 

Since the 2 funds above receipted by RCL has not been audited the Banabans demanded RCL to abandon all Banaba Island rehabilitation plans 

This issue is not new to us. I hope that we will effectively collaborate our efforts to be able to determine the best future for our younger Banabans.  

This is a good discussion that needs to be commented upon by both parties the RCL and BTFB to reveal the truth rather than us guessing around and building up on rumors.

The RCL chairman and BTFB director should kindly, let every concerned Banaban know about their financial situation and then the people can make up their final judgement to applaud and reward their good work or prosecute the culprit/s whatever....????????

Food for thought should we have another RCL election: Never ever judge by the cover and emotional expressions. These are psychological elements to lure us into getting our favor. Remember, wisdom is above knowledge. Secondly, remember Bata's song "...rinea tauare raom iaan te nii...." vote for a person who spends enough  time on the island for us to know him/her inside out not an alien who  doesn't know us and vice verser. Lastly, stick to our slogan: ATUARA BUOKIRA, let us invite God to help us vote for the best, not nepotism and it allies, this will defy our slogan.

It is my prayer that the truth be revealed in order for us to be set free by the truth and move forward because there is still a silver lining behind the dark clouds. Bananba is still and will remain a rock so be it with its people!!

E KOAUA TI TEBO MA TI KAWA IROIA ARA TAAN KAIRIRI,AE R.C.L AO RIKI KEWEAKIA AOMATA AE KAIN NI BANABA NAIA MANE AE TE COMPENSATION.AKEWEAKI NTE MAITI NI MANE AE ANGANAKI,AO KABIBRI RAIA AO BANEN AIA MANE MA TE KUA AO TE RAWAWATA BA ANA NAKO TABO AKE ANA RIAI TIANIAKI IAI AIA BEBA BA ANA MEET ANA CRITERIA TE KAUNTIRA.AIO TE BABAKA NI KAWAI AE AKI KONA NI MANINGA KAIN ABARA.E RIAI BA TI NA MAING BA TINAKI KABURABABAKI,TE BOON NANO E KARIKA TE KABAIA,NAKOIA KAIN ABARA RINEA RAOM NI KOAUA,KO RABA TAATI NAM KOAUA

First time in the history of the Fiji Banabans is the non-celebration of the 15th December on Rabi for 2012 due to lack of funds but disguised in the notion that cyclone Evan and a tsunami will hit Rabi that week. Those of us who followed the weather forcast at that time knew that Evan will never cross over Vanua Levu and Rabi. A very sad event that happened on Rabi at that time...people of Tabwewa were moved during the night to congregate heavily at the RCL Guest House in Nuku with no food and cooking stuff. A week before the 15th December the grass at the playground in Nuku was knee high...I wish someone took photos...IF SOMEONE HAS PLEASE SENT COPIES TO ME, it will be a good historical collection. This is probably a monumental memorial evidence of mismanagement by our current RCL...no 15th Dec celebration on Rabi for the Banabans in 2012...add that to your Banaban history records. Tekeraoi ngkami.

What you have to do is to lobby and get signed petition from more than 50% of Banabans living in Rabi and send it to the Minister concern and i.e The PMs Office but you have to have evidence that mismanagement is conducted by the so people you ALLEGE to have commit the crime otherwise your a>> is on the line, feel me.

There are also some known people who are inciting the Banaban community and will create havoc and pain and than Bainimarama will just have to make a hasty decision and say " oira go mera gai" and than goodbye Rabi plus Fiji so do the right legal thing and take action prevention is better than cure Dr panadol says so.

People talk about what this so called leaders are doing to our fund to our land and to us personally but what can we do we only mourn and complain and than vice-versa stop crying and take action unite and stand but that can ever happen in Rabi to many bush lawyers what say. Hey that is my personal view do not take personally, Moce from Banaba the forgotten ancestral land and its inhabitants.

RSS

Forum

Visiting Rabi and Ocean Island

Started by brian russell in Banaban Issues. Last reply by Stacey King Apr 16, 2020. 7 Replies

Homecoming to Banaba

Started by Christina Maree Buchanan in Banaban Issues Jun 27, 2019. 0 Replies

Slides of Banaba from the 1960's

Started by Dominic Kaukas in Banaban Issues. Last reply by Stacey King Jun 13, 2019. 1 Reply

Events

HELP RABI WOMEN IN FIJI

Help Rabi Women's Organisation in Fiji by purchasing RABI HANDMADE VIRGIN COCONUT OIL locally in Suva, Fiji

Contact

Terikano

for more details

Badge

Loading…

Radio Links

Bwanan Rabi Radio

(10pm Fiji Time 1&2nd Monday each month)

Live Broadcast

© 2024   Created by Stacey King.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service