Banaban Voice

News and information service for Banaban Network Worldwide!

Anyone wants to tell stories about their old school days at RHS???....

Views: 2956

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

One of the wonderful memories of my days at RHS was during Teiwakis time when the school was in Nuku. I could never forget receiving a big hiding from the principal because I was trying to save three mischievious girls who were begging me not to give their names when the principal was asking for those who were making noises. I was the prefect then and when I told him that there are no names he gave me three or four canes on my backside. The hiding was really hot, I almost cried but I was shy. The three girls are nei mone, nei patricia and nei kaue. Those were the days but now everyone has their own families and I want to wish all my school mates and their families God blessings and a prosperous life. Hope we can atleast rebuilt our relationship through networking online.  
hahahahahaha ko ka mwane ko so iai au titiraki is that Nei Kaue who is your spouse now?

hoi thanks for bringing it up again coz it reminds me of my good old times with a friend.. the funniest memory while i was at that school is when i was called to the principals office....... you know gaaa why... my name was written in the black book for being the naughtiest boy that year. it was in 2004 i think. a few days latter i was being expelled.......... the next week i was asked to come back to school...... men life was good there walking everyday for more than 4hrs, eating at peoples houses when we return  home from school. Apart from this wonderful experiences, i would like to take this opportunity to apologies to Mr Alan, our principal that time, for being the naughtiest ked ever in my time.... Sorry.  So present students please nanona ami reirei raoi keer tc

ia ai bon kaungara naba te reirei i RHS..... too bad can't enjoy those kind of precious moments here cos it is too flat and very thin and skinny tall trees(coconut trees) grow all around no other place to park apart from school alone ...... shshshs..... e buretireti te mwaan aio ..... shshs...ma ngkane i ti tekeraoi ba tiaki ororeaki n te reirei ba e nag modern ihihihi ba iai naba ara rights. I WISH I AM AN EX- RHS SO THAT I CAN COMPARE THE FUN OF ENJOYABLE SCHOOL YEARS......HAHAHAHA kam nang funny with ur stories

I think  u better get the words for the RHS song.This when the first form 4 started, way back in 1980s.Ask the old scholars, Teke,Teatu,Wenei,Temate n them, may be they will know better. Only few words that I can remember from the verses:

"" I. E a bon roko tokin ara reirei, ngaira first fouth formers mai iaon Rabi.

Te ririki te nga-rua-bubua-wanibwi,(1980), e raba te Atua n ana atatai."""

cho: Ai kamaura, te makuri,ma tia reirei nte RJSS (Bass: Rabi Junior Sec Sch)

E a bo te taai, n raure nako.

An tiku ma te rau tiakabo

""" II. Ara principal Tewaiki ma tia reirei.

Takele,Ereatara,Filomena,Tibeaua,Dhayals,Dicksons, Bataing,

Tewia,Abanetetake tia kabo

The tune is more like: " Isa isa vulagi lasa dina.........

Hey that's my song I composed back in the 1980 n ara tai ni form 4....plus raon naba kunara n ara form ae oteia Nei Bwebweata..

...1. Congratulations to all the form fours.

Katireta,Titau,Naikara,Binoka,Terereiti,Nabatiku

Otea,Teanti,Aireti ao ai boni Karawaia.

...2. Ungaria mai ikanne Tematang,Ruteta,Mareta,Tamara

Kaue,Luisa,Mone,Tarabua,Nei Raoia,Rakita,Aam,Tarieta

Bwebweata,Kateri,Kauba,Tabai,Matanuea(bass Matanuea)....

Thanx again.

Ex-RHS...where are u guys now I mean my lot in Form 4..

Katireta, Titau Tawita, Naikara Bio, Binoka Burentau, Terereiti Bure, Nabatiku Ekouea, Otea Burentau, Teanti Rabaua, Aireti Tiamrate n Karawaia Ribabaiti.

Tematang Namoriki, Mareta Uraia, Tamara(Salakitiana) Tekaai, Kaue Tabuariki, Luisa Biutibau, Mone Corrie, Tarabua Boutu, Raoia Tabuariki, Rakita, Aam Tawanang, Tarieta Natan, Bwebweata Moannatu, Kateri Bentitai, Kauba Malua, Tabai Kekee and Matanuea Corrie.

Isa isa moan te kakauringaba taai n reirei ao anne are we can't forget u iai RHS....like me and Mone we're sisters now in Kiribati cause our husbands are brothers..so there are times we share about our school times back in the 80's...ao tia manga bon ngare....isa te memories...well all the best Ex- RHS and God bless u all.

Funny times in school was that...it was during prep and Mr Satendra Prasad was on duty and who was also our Biological science teacher in f/4,but during the day time in class he wrote on the board.."bring 25c each if you want to buy a science book" so class over but when we came back for prep the writing was still on the board so we decided to change the subject..so one of my friends changed it to.."bring 25c each if you want to observe n dissect the science teacher..opps!!! along came sir ba ena kaira te reirei...surprise...!!! to see the writing on the board...imagine if u were there eyes about to burst out...lol so angry that left us nakon te staffroom so we went n apologise but instead said I u all sure u want to observe n dissect the science teacher...omg...hahaha too bad...well we miss our sir a lot but thanks to him ba e reke naba buokara mairouna.

Good luck Mr Satendra n all my f/4 friends.

thank you teari fo initiating this network.. very much contributed to the ex rhs students and teachers. However, being part of such an institution that had nurtured most of the rabi new genrtn, what good deed could we repay her in return? the diversity of her ofsprings have covered the globe,,, believing that in utilizing this network something positive could be evolved and utilized back in whatever means possible... I was also part of this institution as a student.. and to tell you the truth,, there is no such enjoyable school life when you are with ur own people and particularly,, ur age group. Nevertheless, my days in rhs were short due to the misuse of time and regulations. however, i was fortunate enough to come back as a lecturer and in the process,,, contributed to the establishment of the form seven classroom. My suggestion goes back to the school.. look at the staffing situation of rhs? majority are from other ethenics and to make it worse,,, the feminity dominion is percievable. In retrospect, do not ignore the school of your people,, for graduates who frequently looked up to rural centres.. plis.. consider the banabans who need also the banaban to teach and guide them,,, my salutation is expressed to the current principal, the rev allan hedstrom for his determination and persevearance,, thank you sir and may god bless my beloved RHS.

Mauri,inanon ana tangira te Uea ae ngaia are ea anganira te maeiu ntainako,kanga bon iai naba au taeka tabeua ake i kukurei taekina.e roko irou te uringaba irou inanon au tai ngkoa nreirei a au reirei ngkoa ae te Rabi high School.anne ngkoa te reirei are ngaia are ti moan karaoa te katabwana iaona are nanona,ngaia are ti moan korea ana rippon ao ni kaboua ara reirei anne,aikai ngkanne raora reirei ntaai akekei:-Aneri.Rabaua,Patric.Nabong,Penlega,Koora,Lima,Toto,Kibannang,

ao ainena ngkanne:- nei Tawaea,Korinnako,Ema.Burataake, tao ea bua au ururing bwa ea bon maan te tai anne ngkai tia bon maan kitanna ara reirei ae tiaki kona ni maninga taekana karokoa ngkai.ea bon rotaai te uringaba ngkai ia manga nora tamnein au reirei nte banaban voice e tau...ena kanga tao ea bon roko te kara.tao ia totoki moa ikai ma ai bon au taeka ni katekeraoi nakon te roro ni banaba ae tabe rikirake inanon ririki ma ririki,au riki ai bon au taeka ni bau nakoia te roronrikirake bwa ana riai ni kabongana raoi aia tai n reirei n ara reirei ae te Rabi High School,ao mai ikanne a kona reita aia reirei ikai iaon kiribati ibukin reken te schorlarship nako tinanikun kiribati.

kam bati rabwa,tia

wish you all the best,and God bless you all.

RSS

Forum

Visiting Rabi and Ocean Island

Started by brian russell in Banaban Issues. Last reply by Stacey King Apr 16, 2020. 7 Replies

Homecoming to Banaba

Started by Christina Maree Buchanan in Banaban Issues Jun 27, 2019. 0 Replies

Slides of Banaba from the 1960's

Started by Dominic Kaukas in Banaban Issues. Last reply by Stacey King Jun 13, 2019. 1 Reply

Events

HELP RABI WOMEN IN FIJI

Help Rabi Women's Organisation in Fiji by purchasing RABI HANDMADE VIRGIN COCONUT OIL locally in Suva, Fiji

Contact

Terikano

for more details

Badge

Loading…

Radio Links

Bwanan Rabi Radio

(10pm Fiji Time 1&2nd Monday each month)

Live Broadcast

© 2024   Created by Stacey King.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service